It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas thanks to our awesome team of Locke Street elves!
The Locke Street Christmas tree has arrived and will be officially lit on December 3rd during the Lights of Locke Street Celebration!
After a day of Christmas crafts, carolling and a visit from Mr. and Mrs. Clause, be sure to join us for the lighting of the gorgeous 22 ft tall evergreen just outside the WestTown Restaurant!
Thank you to Watsons Family Farm in Mount Hope who provided the tree, and a BIG thanks to our crew of Locke Street volunteers for setting it up!
- John Foreman, Margo’s Husband
- Chris Torelli from DLD Group
- Steve Cooper from the Brux House
- Anthony Glavan from On a Bun
- 6 off duty fire fighters
- Josh Kreidl
- Bill Kreidl
- Joe Labenski
- Trevor O’Doherty
- Evan Van Sickle
- Chris Newstead
- And of course Brandon Stanicak and The WestTown for donating their space for the Lights on Locke Street Celebration!
Mark your calendars Hamilton! The Lights of Locke Street Celebration kicks off Saturday December 3rd!
Over the last 10 years Locke Street and the surrounding neighbourhood have experienced a revival. We were once a quiet street with a few antique shops and local restaurants, but now we’ve become one of Hamilton’s hottest commercial districts with world-renowned restaurants, local and global shops and thriving businesses. We’re a collection of new and long-time merchants dedicated to the continuing success of the street but also to our customers and this neighbourhood.
As we’ve watched the street transform and expand, we as the Business Improvement Association (BIA) felt it was time for the brand of our street to change too. We enlisted the marketing expertise of our friends at Factor[e] to help us redefine what Locke Street is today. It has been an amazing journey and we are so excited to finally be able to share the new look of Locke Street with you.
It turns out Locke Street is not just about the businesses on the street but it’s very much about the people on the street too. It’s about what the businesses bring to the street but it’s also about you – the residents, local Hamiltonians, our customers. What’s so amazing about Locke Street is the community that we have created here together. So with that in mind, here’s a look at our new logo:
It was more of an “of course!” moment as opposed to an ”A-ha!” when Factor[e] presented the new logo and brand to us as everyone in the room agreed, our sense of community is what defines us and what is driving business on the street. We are full-service BIA. From coffee shops and restaurants to salons and fitness, from everyday essentials to gifts and special occasion shopping, you can come and enjoy a day on Locke Street or you can live your life here.
And since we are SO excited about our new brand and look, we’ve decided we want to celebrate with all of you. On Saturday April 2, 2016 from 10am to 2pm we’d like to invite you to come “Walk the new Locke” and see our new branding in person. Highlights of the day include (but are not limited to):
● Newly branded Locke Street shopping bags filled with goodies from over 30 street merchants (while quantities last) between 10am and 2pm.
● Bags are available for pickup from participating merchants. There will be “winning bags” given out, which contain vouchers to shop the street for free.
● The Locke Street Farmers’ Market will open for a special Early Spring Market from 10am to 2pm.
● Free face painting and photo booth on the street from 11am to 2pm.
● Exclusive sales, in-store draws, sampling, and promotions from merchants
We look forward to seeing everyone on the street and we can’t wait to hear what you think about the new look of Locke Street.